Thursday, April 1, 2010

French Fries! No deep fryer needed.




Hmm, still not Passover friendly. Let's just pretend it's not passover. But again, I didn't make these today either. And I don't have a picture yet for these either! Gah, I'm falling behind. But these are delicious and simple. A nice change from just plain homemade french fries. I've had this recipe sitting around for a while and don't remember where I got it from. Woopsie. But they are seriously easy!


So you'll need:
2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup water, or as needed
1 cup vegetable oil for frying


So first slice your potatoes into french fry shape. Or go to Ross and invest in one of those really cool potato cutters that I have. They make life easy. (When they aren't chopping your finger off...)(Okay, not off..) Keep the fries in cold water while you're waiting to cook them so they don't brown.
Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. While thats chillin (or heatin I suppose), sift together your flour, garlic salt, onion salt (I feel like I skipped this ingredient now that I'm looking at it...), normal salt, and paprika into a bowl. Slowly add in enough water so that the mixture can be drizzled from a spoon.
Dip fries into the batter one at a time, then place them into the oil.  The fries must be placed into the skillet one at a time, or they will clump together. Fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.


Yummy! I love french fries! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Skyler's Creations Copyright © 2010 Designed by Justin Sookikian
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice