Sunday, April 11, 2010

Broccoli.




So the headline on this article caught my eye. I was like, really, who's to say THIS will be the best? But honestly, it was. It was absolutely delicious. I saw boys who I've never seen eat vegetables before eat it. It was soooo good. That hint of lemon with the amazing flavor of the cheese. SO GOOD. I could seriously eat this as my side dish every night. The recipe I got it off of didnt really have a straight up ingredient list, so I didn't really use exact amounts of anything, so I'll tell you my guestamites.


So what you'll need:
2-3 Bunches of Broccoli Crowns (or some bags of broccoli wokly)
4-5 Tbs Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Lemon
Grated Parmesan Cheese


Preheat oven to 425.
So you'll start by cutting your broccoli into florets if you didnt buy already cut up ones. Make sure that if you washed your broccoli that its totally dry, otherwise it will get all gross and burned. Put it in a bowl, toss with the olive oil and some salt and pepper (whatever you normally put on food should be fine, I didnt measure at all.) Spread them out on a cookie sheet. You can line it if you wish, but I didnt.
Pop this in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until its golden brown ish, but not burned.
Now, zest the lemon over the broccoli (I skipped this step, lemon zest annoys me), and then squeeze the lemon juice over all the broccoli. Make sure all the broccoli gets some love, as thats the best part. Then top with the cheese. Serve warm. ENJOY! Definitely definitely enjoy.


I want to try putting it back in the oven for a bit after I add the cheese, to melt it. If you want to try that, let me know how it turns out.
Hope you love them too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was the best broccoli I've ever had. Thanks Skyler!

Post a Comment

 

Skyler's Creations Copyright © 2010 Designed by Justin Sookikian
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice